Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October Birthdays


My kids have declared all birthdays and holidays "off-limits" this year. With Papa gone, it's just easier for them to ignore special days than to attempt celebrations without him. No parties, no presents, no "Happy Birthday to you!"

While I have made every effort to honor their wishes, I can't let the month of October go by without acknowledging a couple of red-letter days. This is the month that Stephen turns twenty-three, and Jamie turns twenty-one. I won't tell them, "Happy Birthday," but I will share a few pictures with you from long ago. : )

Stephen and Jamie, I love you!

Yes, they honestly did have some real clothes.
They just loved to experiment with costumes. ; )

2 comments:

Cottage said...

How Adorable!! They had such energy and love for life, you can see it in their eyes.

Happy Birthday, Stephen and Jamie!!!

Dawn Marie said...

What an inspiring blog you have. I just spent a good deal of time reading it. I'm so sorry for your loss, both in your son and husband. I'm glad you have your faith, but I know your heart will remain broke. I'm also glad your a woman who was blessed with a good marriage and a good husband and good memories. What a gift!

Your home is beautiful and we all know time is what heals us somewhat and allows us to find a new flow in life.