All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go...
Yes, Friends! This ole "home body" that rarely goes anywhere is taking a trip. My family was quite shocked when I announced my plans, but they have been incredibly supportive. They just might be more pleased about this than I am if that's actually possible. Everyone says, "I am SO HAPPY that you're going!" You think maybe they're trying to get rid of me or somethin'?
Nah, they're just surprised that I'm leaving home for three whole weeks. Mama don't get out much, ya know! ; )
While I can't tell you exactly where I'm going due to the hazards of Cyber Space, I can tell you that I will be spending three glorious weeks somewhere in the Great Lakes region. That's a long way from Mississippi! I'm still pinching myself to make sure that I'm not dreaming.
Some extra special friends have been brave enough to invite me into their home for an extended visit. I reminded my dear hostess, Diane, that "Guests, like fish, smell after three days". Apparently she has enough air freshener on hand to cover the odor, although it's really the sweet fragrance of her grace and friendship that leaves me smelling like a rose. I love you, Diane!!
This trip is a very special one for me! Though Diane has been my dearest friend and closest confidant for the last five years, we have only seen one another in person on two occasions - her son's wedding, and Papa's funeral. Her son, Tyler, was one of Jonathan's Coast Guard roommates when they were stationed in Florida. When Jonathan was killed, Diane compassionately reached out to me as a hurting mother. We began corresponding frequently by email and became close friends. She is the person who knows all of my secrets and likes me anyway. : )
Through Diane, I have come to know many other wonderful people including some that I have never actually met. This trip will give me the opportunity to get acquainted with all of them in the real world. I especially look forward to spending time with my sweet friend, Joann, who is courageously battling ALS or Lou Gehrig's Disease.
Though my online time will be extremely limited while I'm away, I will try to post now and then. Since I haven't been posting too frequently of late, you probably won't even notice that I'm gone. : ) I'll be taking each one of you with me in my heart, and I will look forward to catching up with your blogs upon my return. Meanwhile, I am leaving Daffodil Hill and all of the fur babies in very capable hands.
Many, many thanks to everyone who has made this trip possible! You know who you are. : ) Please keep me in your prayers as I go.
Warmest hugs,
Daff
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Daff, I am SO GLAD you are taking a Fall vacation!! You go and have fun! Don't forget your camera, you know we will want a full accounting of your activities. :)
ENJOY yourself!
I sure will and have ALREADY started praying! :)
And OH YES we will miss you but know you need to do this and I will be praying everyday for you.
OH, have a wonderful time! :)
Daff....
You continue to inspire us all! You go girl!!! Have a lovely time. I'm sure this trip is as much for YOU as it is for your dear friend. You will be the perfect salve to her as she bravely fights her ALS. And I know that you will find great peace and joy in being there. What a lovely story of how you met and continue to be in each other's lives. No doubt she was brought to you from your son....
Your blessings are many because you bless so many!
Now, go and kick up your heels and turn the Great Lakes Region upside down and right side up Daff-style!
Godspeed girl!
Judi
Daff,
I am very glad that you're taking this trip! I hope you have a wonderful time with your friend! You really deserve it!
Tammy
You're already gone by now, but I'm so glad you're doing this. And how blessed you are to have such special friends in your life. Enjoy!
Charity
Post a Comment