Thursday, January 3, 2008

Snugglin' Weather

BRRRRRRR!!!! Are you freezing, too? These chilly days have been great for snuggling under cozy quilts, haven't they! I've enjoyed wearing my new flannel pajamas that Papa gave me for Christmas. The first ones I've had since I was a little girl. Very romantic, huh!

While bundled up inside, I've also treated myself to numerous cups of hot cocoa with lots of marshmallows. Also some yummy cheese and crackers. Comfort food. I sure hope those pj's still fit me when this is over! :o

The quilt pictured is a Triple Irish Chain that I hand-pieced and hand-quilted back in the days when I could still see well enough to sew. Not that I'm blind or anything. I just can't see. ; ) The joys of middle age!

Thanks a bunch to Sue and Judi for your encouraging words! You girls are so sweet! I love comments! I had a little bout with the blues - very unusual for me - but I'm ok now. God is still in control, and nothing can separate me from His love. I think I'm almost ready to face another year. Almost...

2 comments:

Lallee said...

It's even cold in Florida today. Your quilt looks lovely to stay warm by!

Anonymous said...

Hi Daf,
You do such beautiful work! I love looking at your quilts! I often pop in to read your blog. I really enjoy it. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about your previous blog entry re: "What are you holding on to?". I still keep that thought in my head. Helps me keep things in perspective. Thanks!
Maureen (Scraphappy)