Thursday, January 3, 2008

Goldfinch Fever


The pretty little goldfinches have found my thistle feeder! They are so much fun to watch outside my back window! The photo is not my own as the birds fly away when I try to snap their picture. At present, there are at least 10 finches frequenting the feeders, possibly more, but I've seen that many at once. Most likely the population will increase in the days to come. One year, I had 30 - 40 at once! Perhaps I should add another feeder. Yeah, I think I'll do that.

The cats certainly find these little feathered friends most entertaining! They sit inside the sliding door and watch them for the longest time. Sometimes the little birds will even hop over to the step and taunt them. Brave little creatures, they are!

Thanks to Lallee, Maureen, and Manuela for your comments! I'm honored to have you stop by. : )

Photo courtesy of http://www.birdsforever.com/thistle.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Daff.....
We must be the "Blues Sisters"! Like you, the blues are very uncharacteristic for me! I'm combatting them with frequent visits to my favorite places here on the internet! That's why I came here!
Judi

Shirlee said...

Don't you just love having the little birdies drop by for a visit and snack? We have some overgrown shrubs on one side of our house and it's always full of bird chatter. My kitties, especially the female one, likes to lie on the bed and watch them.
Shirlee