Bacon Cheeseburger Quiche
- 1 lb very lean hamburger
- 1 small chopped onion
- 4 slices crisp-cooked bacon, chopped in bits
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup half-n-half
- 8 oz shredded cheddar or swiss cheese
- Garlic powder to taste (optional)
- White pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine remaining ingredients in mixing bowl and whip well. Pour mixture over beef "crust" and bake 40-45 minutes until top is browned and "set". Cool 15-20 minutes before slicing. Does not freeze well.
I also use whatever type of cheese we have in the refrigerator. In this case it was colby and monterey jack. White pepper isn't exactly a staple at our house, but the plain ole black stuff seasons this quiche just fine. Oh, and I NEVER chop onions. The pre-chopped frozen ones do quite nicely, thank you.
Since this recipe doesn't make quite enough for us, I added about 1/3 more of each ingredient, although for the sake of full disclosure I will tell you that I didn't measure the extra ingredients. Apparently this is a very forgiving dish. And it's yummy! The bacon adds a really great twist to an otherwise ordinary recipe.
If you are looking for an easy new dish, give this one a shot. I think you'll love it!

2 comments:
You read my mind from afar Daff!
My family loves, loves, loves cheeseburgers. But, eating them on a bun is no longer an option in my new way of life. So, when I make them for my family, I eat them with the all the fixins but no bun. This morning, when I took out ground meat for dinner, I thought to myself "I have to find a hamburger casserole-type recipe to make every once in awhile..."
And, here it is!!! Sounds oh so yummy.....I'll bet I could add my favorite toppings---ketchup and bread & butter pickles..... (all Heinz, of course)
Can't wait to get home to cook!
I always suspected you were an angel but now I KNOW for sure!!!
Thanks!
Judi
That does look yummy! So nice to see the photos as you prepare your recipes!!!
Post a Comment