Yes, there's nothing like a little retail therapy to make you feel better! Thank you to everyone who has sent "get well" wishes. Your comments mean so much to me. I appreciate all of the prayers, chocolate, and crud killers. That combination certainly should make a difference. : )
When I asked Papa to take me shopping (I don't drive in the city), there were two places on my agenda - Hobby Lobby and Cracker Barrel. I had read in another blog (can't remember which one) that Cracker Barrel had a new collection of blue transferware. Since I had several pieces from the collection they carried a few years ago, I knew I would love these, too. I wasn't disappointed. It took less than five minutes for me to select these two pieces. By the time our table was available, Papa had already loaded my treasures into our van.
There are a few smaller pieces in this set that I want to add to my ever-growing collection, but for now I'm really pleased that these pieces fit nicely in the space left vacant when my other large pieces went into the new corner cabinet.
Shirlee: Are you going to use toile in your new room? Black toile and checks would look fantastic with your new black furniture!
When I asked Papa to take me shopping (I don't drive in the city), there were two places on my agenda - Hobby Lobby and Cracker Barrel. I had read in another blog (can't remember which one) that Cracker Barrel had a new collection of blue transferware. Since I had several pieces from the collection they carried a few years ago, I knew I would love these, too. I wasn't disappointed. It took less than five minutes for me to select these two pieces. By the time our table was available, Papa had already loaded my treasures into our van.
There are a few smaller pieces in this set that I want to add to my ever-growing collection, but for now I'm really pleased that these pieces fit nicely in the space left vacant when my other large pieces went into the new corner cabinet.
Shirlee: Are you going to use toile in your new room? Black toile and checks would look fantastic with your new black furniture!

3 comments:
Both Cracker Barrel and Hobby Lobby are favorite shopping haunts. It's a good thing I can't visit them often! I love the treasures you found.
Check today's mirror post of mine again if you like. I accidentally published it this morning before I was finished. Now there is a cat in the story ;-)
More great stuff??? We don't have either of those two stores up north. I love your soup tureen. I'm always on the lookout for white ones. I only have two so far and just use them for display purposes.
I'm thinking about some blk and white toile. I have two buffet lamps that I would like to get new shades for and now that you mention it, toile ones would be great. I'm also on the lookout for blk and white buffalo check pillows.
Wow great finds!
Post a Comment