Having worked long and hard, we are all exhausted, but very glad we went through with it. The storage room in Papa's shop - which was piled high in furniture before - is practically empty now. There is actually vacant space on shelves throughout the house, and most of the underbed boxes are empty. It will take time to reorganize my storage system, but I look forward to the results. I LIKE organization.
I have always hated clutter, which means that I have had to use our storage spaces very efficiently. Most people would never have guessed that there was so much unnecessary stuff in this house. My daddy asked, "WHERE have you had all of this stuff?" : ) The amount of "merchandise" that has passed through these doors this week truly was unbelievable. Though the advertised sale took place on Friday and Saturday, we have been selling "by appointment" all week. I enjoyed that much more than the actual sale days.
It was a lot of fun to visit with the various people who came earlier in the week even though I had not previously met some of them. I was especially blessed by two conversations - one with a lady who has fibromyalgia, and another with a woman whose husband died fairly young. She is now happily remarried, and was glad to tell me her sweet story. Both of these women greatly encouraged me.
Though I had very little quiet time alone this week, I was inspired by pondering this passage :
"He (God) gives strength to the weary,
And to him who lacks might He increases power.
Though youths grow weary and tired,
And vigorous young men stumble badly,
Yet those who wait for the Lord
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary."
Isaiah 40: 29-31
And to him who lacks might He increases power.
Though youths grow weary and tired,
And vigorous young men stumble badly,
Yet those who wait for the Lord
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary."
Isaiah 40: 29-31
Not only was this my Jonathan's favorite passage, it was also very helpful to be reminded that although I am weak in body with no strength of my own, my God is strong and faithful to give me His strength as I wait for Him. For that I am exceedingly grateful!
There is still time to ask questions for my Blogiversary celebration. I have enjoyed reading those already asked, and hope to answer a few of them this week. Stay tuned! : )

1 comment:
Daff....
You are always a great inspiration. As I sit at the edge of the earth...at the beach...I am constantly reminded of our Lord's great power (even when I hold my beach drink!). As each grain of sand fills my toes and each wave touches my legs....I feel it. Yet, when I read your words, God's power is even more alive. You are a woman who shares her gift even in her darkest hours!
BTW... how I love a sale! I wish I lived closer to you for so many reasons!!!
Judi
Post a Comment