OK, I'll play nice. I wouldn't want dear Judi's imagination to run away with her (love you, Judi!), so I'll spill the beans. ; )
With my one-year Blogiversary coming up on August 1, and my 100th post sometime soon, I want to do something a little out of the ordinary to celebrate. Due to circumstances beyond my control, the give-away that I once planned is not going to happen. Sorry! BUT to let you know that I truly appreciate you, I would like to offer my dear readers an opportunity that may only happen once. For the next few weeks, I am going to be really brave (wild woman that I am, you know) and invite you to ask me anything. (Maybe I'm really just insane!) Likewise, feel free to let me know which previous posts you like best.
Of course you may leave your comments here, but I know that some of you prefer to email. Either is fine. Even if I can't answer some of your questions, I DO hope you will ask. This will help me discern what you are actually interested in reading here. In the event that no questions are asked, you'll just have to take what you get. ; )
SO ask away! Because YOU matter!
Edited to Add: Tammy, ask as many questions as you like! I'll do my best to answer. : )
Judi: Please don't go into convulsions on me now! And please, oh please, don't send Vinny after me! Of course, you can think about what you want to ask. I know that my life seems pretty dull to someone who has as much fun as you do, but trust me, you don't want the kind of drama that is the norm around here. It's as much excitement as this ole girl can handle. I wouldn't have the energy left to party if I wanted to! ; )
Edited again: Just want you to know that I AM reading your comments and questions. There are some good ones so far. I'm up to my eyeballs helping Jamie move this week, and my house is about to explode as we prepare for the big yard sale, but I will be popping in now and then to see what you've had to say. I'll be thinking about your questions as I work. Some of them will definitely take some thought!
Pray for me please, girls. This move and simultaneous yard sale are big tasks made larger by Papa's absence. He and I were such a great team! He is sorely missed. (Love you, Papa!) xxx ooo
Welcome, Jody! I'm glad you like Daffodil Hill. Sorry, it isn't in Judi's neighborhood. She's in PA and I'm in MS, but you are always welcome to come for a visit. There's room for everyone on Daffodil Hill, and our door is always open. : )
Love to all,
Daff
Friday's edit: Just popping in for a quick update in case you are interested. Jamie's move is going well. Most of her things have either been moved into her storage unit or into my house. One more day of moving should do it, then the cleaning will begin. Stephen has gone to TN to get the rest of his things from the apartment he was sharing with friends before Papa died. Obviously, there is a lot more stuff coming into my house this week than is going out. Our big sale starts next Thursday afternoon and runs through next Saturday. Please keep praying for us!
I continue to read your comments and questions, and I appreciate each one. Keep the questions coming! I hope to answer a few of them next week as time permits. When the dust settles from all this moving and selling, I will answer several questions each week until your curiosity is satisfied. : )
Have a great weekend! {{hugs}}
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Thank you Daff! I wouldn't have wanted to hurt such a sweetie like you! I'm sorry but I'm just not a good "I'll tell ya later" person! It practically sends me into convulsions. Not a pretty sight! I'm a TELL ME NOW OR I'LL HAVE TO SEND MY SON VINNY AFTER YOU kind of gal.
Whew.....that was a close call! Thank God....you're now safe!
So, I need to ask you a question, huh? I'm just going to have to think about that for a little while....(I hope you are okay with that....). There's just *so much* I want to know.....
love ya too!
Judi
Hmmm.I'm going to think on it too...Daff. Can we ask more than one?
~ Tammy ~
I'd love to know how your married children met. They seem so mature and happy in their relationships.
And how are you spending your free time these days? Are you doing much decorating, sewing, crafting?
Charity
Hey Daff....Oh come on, girlfriend....don't be so modest about your life! How could it be humdrum? You stay in bed alot and run barefoot....I'd say that's WILD behavior.8-) I always keep my shoes on (except in bed....).
Alright.....for starters....
-how did you meet Papa?
-what is in your refridgerator right now?
-if you could have dinner with a person from history...who would it be and why? what would you eat and why? what questions would you ask and why?
That's enough for now....!
Judi
P.S. Check out the comments on my blog....you have an admirer!
Daff....Prayers all around. You're on the list! I'll be praying all night, every night on vacation....my list is *THAT* long! Too bad you're not a drinking gal. I'd suggest prayer and gin & tonic (with extra lime, of course). Sounds like you could use it (from my viewpoint only!). But, I'm sure your Dr.P will help you out too.
I know you miss Papa everyday in every way. So much so that your heart hurts. But, I am sure it's times like this...with all this work...that you miss him even more substantially. And, your back will hurt too. It's just so wonderful that you were such a team. Which leads me to another question....how did you train him to be so helpful and team-oriented? Carmen is quite the opposite. I think I missed my window of opportunity to whip him into shape. Although he didn't go and die on me....he finds all kinds of ways to get out of work.......
take it easy & good luck!
I wish I could come to that yard sale....!
Judi
Dear Daff,
I sat today and read your blog. I needed to put some pieces together. I am never good at saying the right thing but you were very lucky in the love you had with Papa. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
The home you built is amazing. You can just feel the love by looking at a picture! I look foward to being a part of your blog.
Jody V
I just found you and have been reading and reading. I am so sorry about your loss. my husband has lots of health issues and it is on my mind alot of the time. We have a very close relationship as you did. I will pray for you and your family as you continue to deal with the changes in your life....Blessings...Mary
How much fun to come to your blog and see the same song I just posted!
Isn't it a faith builder?
Post a Comment