Over the years, I have saved remnants of broken china. Fragments of plates and such that were once beautiful, but did not manage to survive life on Daffodil Hill. My goal is to someday use those broken pieces to create lovely mosaic objects. Someday...
Like that box of fragmented china, my life consists of broken hearts and shattered dreams. It is not possible to put them back together as they once were, but eventually it will be possible to make something new and lovely from what remains. Like a mosaic artist, I must carefully select the pieces of my past that will work compatibly to create a new and beautiful work of art. The Master Designer guides me as I make those choices, and when the time is right, He will cement those fragile remnants together with His love. He will add new and equally precious pieces from other broken lives to create a pattern I can not yet envision. At present, He is sanding off sharp edges that are not attractive and might even be dangerous to the lives touched by them. This process is long and tedious, but quite essential to the beauty of the finished product.
As I lay out the fragments of my life before my Creator, I can only say, "Lord, all that remains of my shattered, wounded heart is Yours to do with as You will. Please take these broken pieces and make something beautiful of them once more."
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Daffodil,
That is so beautiful, likening your life to the box of fragmented china.
Your message has really touched me, and I have tears in my eyes now.
You have such a beautiful heart, Daffodil, and I pray for you always.
Hugs,
Sue
This is my desire for you as well, Daffodil. I pray that God restores beauty to your life. It won't be what it was, but it can still be something lovely, useful and pleasing. Praying for you today, dearest.
This has always been my prayer.
From someone the Lord led to you.
This someone is further down the journey through life then you but thinks identical. So happy I found you.
Post a Comment