Friday, June 6, 2008

Victory!

Remember when I told you that someday I would be able to walk to the landmark that I could reach ten years ago? Well, not only have I made it that far, I have surpassed it by quite some distance. Tonight I made it all the way to the end of our road and back - a total of about three miles! That's a long way for these arthritic knees! I'm pretty sure that I heard the theme from "Rocky" playing as I stepped on that white line. ; ) I'm pooped, but victory is mine, and it is sweet. Papa is surely smiling on me tonight. Now if I can just get out of bed tomorrow...

Happy Weekend, everybody! : )

3 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Good for you, Daff! That's a long ways! I hope you're not sore, but if you are, it will pass! Stay with it!

Have a great week!
Tammy

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Pappa is smiling!

Blessings Rondell

Unknown said...

That is wonderful! I am so happy for you. Well done. :)

Charity