Meet Selena, our little princess. When we came in with all of those dishes a couple of weeks ago, she checked out the empty box and packing paper that I had set in the kitchen floor. Apparently she decided that it made a bed fit for royalty, for she has spent most of the last two weeks in it. I pushed it in front of the sliding glass door, so that she can soak up the sunshine. Now and then she will let Brett take a turn, but there's no doubt that this is Selena's personal place!
Why is Selena so special? Well, for one thing, she's a really sweet cat. But that's not the whole reason. She was adopted by our son Jonathan when he was stationed in Florida with the Coast Guard. He adored this little kitten and enjoyed playing with her so much. I had to laugh at all of the things he bought for her. He even bought a digital camera so that he could send us pictures of her! She was his baby, still a kitten when he was killed.

We loved Selena from the moment we saw her in the fall of 2002. After Jonathan died, she became a living link to our son.
Do you think she's just a little bit spoiled? ; )
Selena and Papa taking a nap.
If you haven't been here in the last few days, be sure to keep reading! There's a surprise...

1 comment:
I love surprises! And the photos are truly priceless. Selena is fabulous..yes, I believe she knows she is a princess...lol!
Post a Comment