Thursday, October 25, 2007

As Promised...


We're working toward something of a Country French look in our "formal" living room. You know that "company" room that honestly gets very little use. But it's there so it has to be decorated. Blessed to have some nice antiques from Papa's family, we're decorating the room around them.












When Charity, my lovely and generous internet friend, learned that I wanted to use red toile and checks in this room, she boxed up an assortment of wonderful fabrics and mailed them to me. Isn't that special!! Thank you, Charity, for your willingness to share! I plan to use every single bit of that beautiful fabric somewhere.

The walls will be yellow gold. Currently I am playing with Laura Ashley's Deep Cowslip 4 - not too yellow, not too gold. Our antique sofa covered in navy damask has to stay, but it will work nicely with my collection of blue and white transferware and pottery. Watch for more pictures in the days to come.

Edited to add: Look what I just bought on Ebay! Couldn't resist this one! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your living rm is going to look wonderful.
I received your lovely package today. Again many thanks my dear buddy.

Lucy

Anonymous said...

Okay, now that I've recovered from not winning the prize, I'm back!
;-) ;-)

(These things take me awhile.......LOL)

Anyway, as soon as I saw all your red fabrics, I was healed.....! I love the direction you are heading with your LR. Also, I wanted to answer your question that you asked on my blog about what I bought at the farm shops---
-A primitive type sign that says "Comfort & Joy"
-3 Witches on stakes
-A huge Red & White "splatter ware"
bowl and ladel set
-A set of 12 mini turkey salt & pepper shakers
-24 Fabric Napkins (with a Fall design)
So, yes, my shopping was successful!
Thanks for having such a welcoming place to visit!!!
Judi

Cottage said...

Love your Toile plans in the Living Room and the use of Papa's family antiques...it should be quite lovely, can't wait to see more photos.