I love tole trays! What a fun thing to collect! Unfortunately they are a bit too expensive for my budget so I must be content with purchasing look-alikes. That's ok, though. I like these, too. The ones in the picture were discovered while we were shopping for a corner cabinet. I thought the colors were so pretty that I just had to take them home. I looked longingly at the REAL tole trays, drooled a bit, and moved on. Maybe someday I'll find a beautiful tole tray at just the right price, but for now I am quite pleased with my substitutes.
The tray below IS an authentic tole tray, but I didn't buy it. It belonged to Papa's mother, which makes it an even greater treasure. Tres bien! Oui! Tres bien!
The tray below IS an authentic tole tray, but I didn't buy it. It belonged to Papa's mother, which makes it an even greater treasure. Tres bien! Oui! Tres bien!

3 comments:
Thank goodness for reproductions. I know tole trays are quite popular and collectible but didn't realize they're pricey. It's nice that you can get the look without the high price tag. :)
Daff.....I love your trays. I too "collect" tole trays. Actually, I don't think I have any real ones (but, who knows!). Lots of look-alikes. In fact, I am not too fussy about pedigrees. If something is pretty and I like it, that's what matters! And, if it's not too expensive--what a bonus! But, I do have to say that your real ones are really beautiful. And, since they are family pieces---they are even more so!
A few years ago, a woman was selling ones that she painted (on ebay). I bought one...it's lovely. I also have a few of those smaller ones too. We both have such good taste!!!
Love your pix! Judi
I collect these two! Only the black ones and they stay on the moss green walls of our victorian bedroom. Have you noticed that the prices have dropped slightly in the last several years? They're more affordable now. Thank goodness!
Post a Comment