Today I feel that I must take time out from the typical blog fluff and post something more serious. Our 30ish neighbor was killed on Friday night within sight of his home, within easy walking distance of MY home, just beyond the trees in this picture. He leaves behind a wife and two young children. As this horrible scene was developing, I was also learning of 2 other horrendous incidents that claimed the lives of 4 young children. Three families unexpectedly ripped apart. Life can be unpredictable!
Having lost our own son just four years ago, I know something of the shock and the agony that these families are facing. If you believe in the power of prayer, please ask God to give them peace and comfort in the days ahead. They won't be easy ones!
I would also implore you not to take life for granted. Tomorrow is never guaranteed. Hug your kids. Say "I love you." "Thank you." "I'm sorry." Ask yourself, "If life as I know it changed forever, what regrets would I have?" "What would I wish I had done differently?" Then start today making those things right. Remember that trivial, petty things are just that - trivial and petty. If someone you love was gone tomorrow, would those things really matter at all? Probably not.

1 comment:
Daff.....
Oh my, the sadness.
Many times when I really stop and take a moment to reflect on tragic stories like you have shared with us, I often think to myself...."what was the last word this person heard?" And, I realize then how important it is that we treat each other with love and kindness all of the time. And, even we are having a bad days, we need to care for each other and offer support--even if its just a passing smile, a kind word or a hug. It may be a bad day for us but it may be the other person's ONLY day.
How sad for the families of these victims. And, how sad for your entire community. You have such tremendous compassion. I truly believe that the type of compassion that you show everyday of your life towards others is born out of heartache and grief. In some small way, blessing you with the ability to be truly compassionate is God's way of filling the hole in your heart. And, you share that gift so generously.
These victims and their families will be in my prayers.....
Judi
Post a Comment