Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Last Look at Summer



Selena and Brett have enjoyed the view from our breakfast room this summer. The birds, butterflies, and a friendly reptile keep them entertained as they bask in the warm sunshine. I've enjoyed this view, too, but not with the same laziness as my kitty kids. It was an exceptionally busy summer for us. Life is never boring on Daffodil Hill, but we spent most of this summer helping our older daughter and her husband remodel the house they bought in June. It was wonderful to work with them, and a very rewarding project, but I have to admit that fall is looking pretty good just now.

Unfortunately that means bidding farewell to my sweet summer flowers, though we will enjoy them for a few weeks yet as it is still hot here in the South. Soon, though, the roses, marigolds, and verbena will fade away, making room for mums and pansies. You know, that doesn't sound too bad. Not bad at all!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just stopped in to say Hi. Looks very nice! Welcome to the blogging world and I hope you enjoy it!

Charity

Anonymous said...

Daff!
Wow! What a warm and inviting blog! Thanks so much for sharing it! It's the kind of place where I want to enjoy with a cup of tea!

JudiM

Shirlee said...

Your kitties are so sweet. Mine have to find a window sill to swish themselves into in order to "view" the outside world. :)