Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Touching Base

Thank you to everyone who expressed concern about our safety during Gustav! Other than some fallen limbs and a soggy yard, we're in good shape. Several of us are fighting colds - at least we think they are colds. They could be yucky reactions to the strange weather we've been having. All I know is that there is a lot of coughing and sneezing going on around here. Pass the Kleenex, please! Little Philip was sick first, and apparently he shared the wealth with the rest of us. We even had to take Baby Raelyn to the doctor, but she's fine now.

My new checks came yesterday - the ones without Papa's name on them. I wasn't ready to make that change, but after an ordeal with debit card fraud, it was essential to get some other information out of circulation. I'm ok with this, although it is another vivid reminder that Papa isn't coming back. When it comes right down to it, one just has to go with the flow and do what has to be done.

Otherwise, I guess things are about the same on Daffodil Hill. Have a great week, everyone. My prayers are with those of you are in the paths of the approaching storms. {{hugs}}

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you poor dear! I sure hope you all get better really really soon! My daughters boyfriend is also sick with some sort of crud. I was sick but started taking the sinus meds and it helped me.
Get well SOON!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Daff,

So sorry you guys are fighting colds...especially the little ones! I hope you all feel better soon!

I love all your comments! Thanks so much!

Have a great day!
Tammy

Cottage said...

I've heard there is 'crud' (as Rose calls it...lol!) out there and it is spreading fast. Poor little baby, so sad to hear every came down with the Crud.

Oh dear, you have had so much to deal with, can't believe fraud has been added into the mix.

SO glad you didn't get damage from Gustav!

Hugs,
Melissa

Judi said...

NO SICKNESS allowed! Open the window Daff....I'm sending the crud fighters pronto!

8-)
Judi