
Are you surprised to see my new blog layout? Shocking, isn't it! : ) Spring colors and daffodils just didn't seem right for fall and winter, so this is my feeble attempt at bringing autumn warmth to Daffodil Hill. It isn't quite what I was hoping for, but it will have to do until someone is available to help me make it better. Feel free to offer suggestions, especially if you are willing to help me make the changes. ; )
The photograph at the top was taken by Stephen on a road trip out west. It seems rather appropriate for this blog, don't you think? The inhabitants of Daffodil Hill may be traveling a rocky road through the wilderness, but there are beautiful flowers blooming along the way. Though the path is sometimes steep and difficult to maneuver, I have found the wilderness to be a place of peaceful solitude, a place of joy, a place of growth, a place to be still and know that He is God.
While I would never have chosen to take this journey, I know that it is bringing me to a deeper level of intimacy with the Lord Jesus Christ than would have ever been possible traveling an easier road. I am grateful for new opportunities to surrender to Him fully and to trust Him completely from day to day. Without Him, this path would be a place of fear, but walking hand in hand with Him, it is a place of beauty.
Likewise, I am grateful for those of you who have chosen to travel this road with me. Only true friends stay with one when the going gets tough. Thank you for being those friends. I find comfort and strength in your comments, and I look forward to sharing brighter days with you as well. Weeping may last for a night, but joy comes in the morning. : )
{{{hugs}}}
Daff
Edited to correct typo and to say "THANK YOU" for the positive feedback! It really means a lot to me!

5 comments:
I love it!
Oh honey you got it you got it. :) Joy cometh in the morning AND this to shall pass! Love your new look!
Yes, I love the new look!
Joy is our strength for the changes along the way.
Hugs,
Melissa
Love the new look Daff. Thanks for reminding us that no matter what the road holds for us there are flowers along the way. Love ya, Lucy
Well I love it Daff! As I was reading your blog entry....it occurred to me that you really need to consider a career as an artistic or interpretive writer. Honestly, you paint landscapes with your words and your amazing spirit. I'm not sure what the market is for those types of folks but I'd write you a gleaming endorsement! The world needs more people with your vision, your delicate touch and your gentle love. We are all so blessed to know at least one person who does--YOU!!!
You add to my days!!
Judi
Post a Comment