Monday, May 4, 2009

Navy Graduation

Jamie, Stephen, Mama, Leigh, Neil


My children and I had a wonderful weekend together following Stephen's graduation from Navy Basic Training. We ate well and enjoyed some quiet time together as a family. Excitement was not on our agenda. Perhaps we will see what Chicago has to offer at another time. We did experience Chicago-style pizza. It was delicious! :)

Two weeks later, I am back on Daffodil Hill. Stephen is awaiting his orders, and I am waiting for news from the ministry I hope to become part of very soon. We both expect to have more information this week.

Jamie has moved back in with me, planning to stay in the house after I move. My children are adamant that I not sell it. Rachel, my chosen child, has taken a job a couple of hours away. She is moving out this week. I am going to miss her very much!

Life here is changing so fast that sometimes I find my head spinning. I remain quite content where I am, yet simultaneously long for the future that God has prepared for me. Everyday is an adventure as His plans unfold. I am excited about life, knowing that good things are waiting for me. Stay tuned...

"And the threshing floors will be full of grain,
And the vats will overflow with the new wine and oil.
Then I will make up to you for the years
That the swarming locust has eaten."
Joel 2: 24-25

5 comments:

Judi said...

What a beautiful picture of your beautiful family! You look adorable!!! And, oh what a cutie Sailor you have!!! Congrats all around!
May this "time of waiting" be a lovely time of reflection as both you and Steven wait for the next chapters of your life's book to begin...
Looking forward to reading along!
Thinking of you...as always!
Judi

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Congratulations. So happy for you for the family time.
The scripture "spoke to my heart".
My city home has to sell so I can move on the my country cottage.
It will happen!!!!!

Rose said...

Oh what a lovely looking family!
Can't wait to see what is coming for both of you in the near future.
I know you all had loads of fun just being.

Anonymous said...

Daffodil, that is such a beautiful picture of you and your family!

We have a fairly new restaurant called Old Chicago here in Oklahoma city. I've only ate in there once. I'll have to try them out again sometime... and just maybe they'll have some of that delishious Chicago style pizza you spoke about.

It is so good that Jamie will be living in your house. That is great, as then you'd know that your home is being well taken care of while you're in Michigan and all.

I can imagine how excited you must be about all the plans God is prepairing for yours and your children's futures..

Take care now...and God Bless you and your family Daffodil!

~Lynn/OKC

Judi said...

And I've loved making THIS journey with you. You've truly been a wonderful cheerleader as I've traveled my road to weight loss and a beautiful inspiration to me as I've traveled the road of life. The 2 of us have made some amazing transformations as we've navigated our highways and bi-ways. Even though our paths were and are quite different...it has been a tremendous blessing to do it together. I'm looking forward to the rest of our journies!
God joined us for a reason...what fun I'm having finding out why!
Blessings to you, my dear Daff...
Judi