Life has kicked into high gear around here! The ministry contacted me this week, asking if I could be there for the summer. I am planning to move the last week of May. To say that I am thrilled would be quite an understatement. Their offer came exactly one year to the day from the time I first suspected God was leading me in this pursuit. It has been a long process, but one in which God has been more than faithful.
Because there has been no opportunity to raise financial support, I am attempting to locate an RV in which to live during the summer months. Hopefully by fall's cold weather I will have sufficient income to rent an apartment. If you have advice on RV living, or if you know of one that is available, please let me know. I'd prefer not to live in a tent. ;)
If you had told me eighteen months ago that I would be living alone in an RV in Michigan, I would have laughed in your face (politely, of course). However, when Papa died I knew that regardless of the choices I made, I would be starting over. The life I had known and loved for thirty-one years was no more. In essence I told God, "Here I am. What do you want to do with me?" Nobody is more surprised than I am at His answer, but I am lovin' it!
I will be working in Guest Services at a busy retreat and conference center that ministers primarily to families. My main responsibilities will involve hospitality and office administration, but I will also help with housekeeping and food preparation from time to time. I can't imagine a more suitable job description. God is so totally awesome! He truly takes my breath away!
I will continue to post updates at this blog, but if you would like more specific details, or if you would be interested in contributing to my support, please email: daffodilhill2000@yahoo.com with your real name and mailing address. No endless appeals for funds, I promise! More than anything, I cherish your prayers as I begin this exciting new journey.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh Daff how exciting! So happy for you and will continue to be praying as well. I sure wish I knew of an RV but I don't. Praying God sends something your way and the means you'll need as well!
Great news Daff!! I could only hope to be as strong as you are some day. Your journey will be amazing. Glad and blessed that you are sharing it with us.
Jody
RV living.....huh? Well, ain't that something! Ramblin' Daffodil!
You are teaching us gals a thing or two!
Yes, this new adventure seems like it was God-made for you. And, I'll bet it ALL was...right down to the RV thing.
What fun we will all have as we mosey on down the road with you and your RV!
You are a true inspiration!
Judi
I smile at what God is doing in your life. At 42 years old I found myself alone but still had children at home. I asked God over and over was there a special path he had for me. All will continue to fall in place. I am so excited for you. Prayers and blessings sent your way.
Where in Michigan? I have a daughter in Sanford.
Post a Comment