Thursday, April 23, 2009

Quick Update

Just a quick update here....

I am now in Michigan following some time in Chicago with my children. We attended Stephen's graduation from Navy Basic Training, and enjoyed a great weekend together. I am proud of my handsome sailor!

This has been a week of job-related meetings, researching housing, and tending to other details in preparation for my move north. I am having a great time visiting with friends and getting better acquainted with the place that will soon be my home. It looks like I may have found an apartment, so you decorating girls better look out. I'll be picking your brains before too long.

I will try to write more when my brain isn't quite so overloaded. Just wanted you to know that I haven't vanished from the face of the earth. Hugs for all. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Daff,

I was just talking to someone about you today...about what an inspiration you were to me. Can't wait to read more about your new life up north and how God is using you!

Tammy

CottageBliss said...

It's exciting seeing things come together so well. A new apartment; how fun!

Sending hugs and prayers,
Melissa

Rose said...

My goodness woman you had me worried. I was fixing to email you and then I thought, oh wait, I think this is about the time she was suppose to be going on that trip. I had been praying about it all and had forgotten just WHEN it was suppose to be taking place. lol Don't know WHERE my memory has went! Anyway happy all is going great and that you had some happy times with your kids!

Rose said...

My goodness woman you had me worried. I was fixing to email you and then I thought, oh wait, I think this is about the time she was suppose to be going on that trip. I had been praying about it all and had forgotten just WHEN it was suppose to be taking place. lol Don't know WHERE my memory has went! Anyway happy all is going great and that you had some happy times with your kids!

Judi said...

Yippee! A single's pad in Michigan! Let's do it up hippy style....;-) I'll look through my college stuff for those tie-dyed bedspreads and bead curtains! I know I have a Lava lamp....
So, girl, this sounds like you are really doing it. You're putting on those new sandals and taking to the road less traveled. I am so proud of you and so in awe of you, I think I might just have to celebrate and buy me a new pair of sandals myself! ;-)
All silliness aside--Daff--you are one strong, courageous and beautiful woman. No wonder God chose you to follow this wonderous journey....
Can't wait to hear more.
And, congrats to that handsome sailor! You have really raised a loving, giving and amazing family!
Judi

Anonymous said...

Daffodil, so great hearing that you are now in Michigan, and that you've possibly found you an apartment there too! That is so wonderful! Things are coming together so nicely for you Daff! Can't wait to hear and see pic's of your new home! I'm so happy for you!

It was great that you and your other children were there for your son, Stephen's Basic Training graduation. That means so much. Our son graduated from the Air Force Basic Training in San Antonio, TX., almost 4 years ago now. I understand fully what you mean by being so very proud of your handsome military son!

I also am so glad to hear that you plan on still blogging!! Yes!! You are and have been such an inspiration person to me Daffodil!!

Take care & God Bless.

Love & HUGS,
~Lynn/OKC

Jody V said...

Wow Daff...you are truly amazing. I agree that God could not have chosen a better person for this journey. Keep us informed!!

Jody