Thursday, December 4, 2008

Philip


I can hardly believe that my little Philip is now 2 years old!
Just 2 years ago last week, his parents (our chosen children) moved out of our house and into their own home down the road. We were delighted to have them so near, and enjoyed seeing our little man almost every day. He is very special to us!

Philip and Papa were big buddies! Papa held Philip during meals, carried him on his shoulders, and quieted him when nobody else could. Though Philip was only 14 months old when Papa died, Philip still remembers him. He often points to Papa's picture, and says "Papa".

While I was away, Philip missed his "BeBe". Each time they passed my house, he would say "BeBe gone. BeBe back." At his own home, he would point to Papa's picture, and say "Papa; BeBe gone." Nine months after Papa's death, Philip still associates Papa with BeBe. Isn't that amazing!

As we celebrate Philip's birthday this week, many tender memories rise to the surface of my heart. Though Philip will not have the privilege of knowing Papa as he grows up, he will always know who his Papa was, and how much Papa loved him.


3 comments:

Judi said...

What a sweet little guy! What a heartwarming blog entry! I'm not sure but I sense a real heaviness in your words....not a sadness....just a heaviness of heart that's tinged with resignation. Ignore the dime store analysis if I'm completely off the mark! No matter what I "heard"...I'm honored that you share it with all of us.
Think of you so often!
Judi

Anonymous said...

Yes, like my sistah said, I could feel it to. Tears in my eyes as I type because I just feel for you. ONE DAY we're going to get to meet each other!!!!
Philip sure is precious!
Make sure you take some pix as you all celebrate with him.
Hugs to you!!!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Daff,

Philip sure is a sweetheart! What a blessing your Papa was to so many!

I've thought of you so much here lately...I hope you're doing okay! Some of the ladies on the CS forum were asking about you on the forum...missing you!

Tammy