It was dark outside. I opened the door, and the dogs ran in. I counted them - one, two, three. Good! No trouble getting them all to come inside at the same time. Congratulating myself on success in this endeavor, I sat down with my coffee and omelette. What's that you have on the sofa, Bart? It doesn't look familiar. What? A dead blue jay? Not good, Bartimaeus! Not good! Nana doesn't like dead birds on the sofa! At least you had the decency to lay it on a blanket. : /
Of course I did what any half-way decent blogger would do. I ran for my camera while Bart hovered over his prey. After a couple of shots, I commanded, "Outside, Bart!" Without further ado, he grabbed his treasure and ran out of the room. To his kennel. That's not what Nana said, Bart, but it will do. There's no way I'm going to fight you over this. No way your Nana is going to touch that thing! Familiar readers may remember what happened when I discovered a dead tree frog on the floor. If not, see "Fall Color" below. Yeah, Nana is still a girl! And Nana's toe is still sore and discolored two months later. Nope, you can keep your bird, Bart, but the door to your kennel WILL stay closed. Indefinitely.
Now, what do you think Bart is doing? Wrong! He is NOT eating his prey. He is sitting in the kennel guarding it with his most ferocious stare. Any other dog or cat who dares to peek into that kennel is met with a warning growl. So what does Nana do now? Leave him in there until the problem is solved? Force him to go outside? I dunno... The only thing I'm quite certain of is that Nana is NOT going to touch that bird. I'm too busy washing blankets that WERE on the sofa. I'll wash Bart's kennel bedding tomorrow. : /

1 comment:
LOL@ Bart! Tell ya good neighbor you have something you really really need him to do for you. :)
Make sure he wears a good glove in case Bart tries to bite when he gets his price catch of the day. :) Sorry about the bluejay though. I really do like them myself. :) I know folks that don't like them but I think they're very pretty and LOVE to watch them bath! They know HOW to take a bath! LOL they splatter water EVERYWHERE! HEE HEE
Post a Comment