Monday, August 3, 2009

Back to Daffodil Hill

THANK YOU all for your comments and loving support! It means the world to me. I will be going back to MS this Saturday to get my house ready to go on the market. The appraisal is set for Monday, 8/10. There are several families waiting to look at the house as soon as I am ready to show it. I will spend a few weeks there cleaning out closets and disposing of many furnishings from Daffodil Hill. My children have already gone through the house and made most of the decisions about what they want to keep. I will bring very little back to MI with me.

While this has been a heart-wrenching decision for all of us, now that we've made it I am ready to just get it done and behind me. As much as I cherish the life we had on Daffodil Hill, that life no longer exists. I cannot live in the past. I must look forward to the future with hope and expectation of the new and good things God has in store for me.

Living in a small apartment with minimal furnishings has been very liberating. It is a simple life that suits me well. Parting with family treasures that I have loved for many years is not going to be easy, but it's time to share them with others who will enjoy them. It's doubtful that I will ever have another place to use them. I do not want to buy a house or get another pet. Honestly, I don't even want a houseplant to water. Oh, how my life has changed!

Daffodil Hill is a special place that holds many precious memories, but it is no longer my home. I love this new life, and I look forward to the adventures it holds. God has a plan for me, and it is a good plan. The eyes of my heart are focused on Him as He reveals that plan day by day.

9 comments:

Rose said...

Oh man how I have though of you these past few weeks praying that God will help you and your family. It just breaks my heart you're having to get rid of your home. I know you feel differently about it and I also KNOW that God will provide something else for you in the future when He is done with you where you are now. I know it will be soooo hard to walk away from the place that last time! My prayers will also be with you then! Please keep us posted. I am SO glad you're happy where you are but I know you miss the kids.
You enjoy the time you have with them while you're home!!

Anonymous said...

oh beth, i do hope that i can see you while you are here..no, i will make a point of seeing you!!! i have haunted your blog until i finally decided that if you didn't post something soon, i would call patti or your folks to check on you. well, you know how us home folks are..not nosy, just interested..so....until i see you on rebel turf....love, bj

CottageBliss said...

How wonderful to hear you again! I hear your faith and the comfort He has given you. You are so brave, empowered by the King of Hosts, finding your way pebble at a time and walking boldly. Again, you inspire me.

Hugs and prayers,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

g'mornin' from the heart of dixie!! had a brainstorm..it would be so interesting to all of your 'followers' if you posted A DAY IN THE LIFE OF...i am sure you may not have time right away but i can see from the comments that all of these folks enjoy keeping up with you. that would let them think of you as you go about your day to day activities. okay, i am not really prying into your business...well maybe i am. but you left yourself open to it when you welcomed all questions!!! luv ya,gal......bj

Claudia said...

Beth, you really are the definition of the glass 1/2 full!!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Daff,

You have no idea how inspiring you are to me! I admire you so much and I love your outlook on life and the way you're so willing to trust God's plans for you even though they are so foreign from the life you knew! I wish you the absolute best and God's richest blessings on your life! :)

Tammy

Jody V said...

Dear Daff,

I am amazed at your strength and your faith. We can all learn from that. I wish you nothing but love and happiness as you embark on a very hard decision. The love that filled Daffodil Hill will enrich the lives of some very, very lucky family. You have enriched ours here in New Jersey. I think of you often and can only hope that my strength in His Grace will carry me through like it did for you.

You're forever in my heart.

Jody

Anonymous said...

Daff,
You've touched my heart so many times! You've inspired me so much, in so many ways with your unending love for our Lord! You have been such a wonderful example to me as to how I for one, should be living and sacrificing each day for our Lord. You are one special lady!
Take care now, and I wish you all the very best!

Love & Blessings,
~Lynn/OKC

Ruth Abbie said...

How are you doing. I miss you and your blog. I am happy that you are at peace with the big decisions you have made. It will not be easy but God is with you. I hope you do not leave blog world.