A number of you have written to me or commented that you find encouragement and hope through this blog. It blesses me so much to know that God is using even in a small way the challenges of my own life to help someone else. I just want you to know that no matter how dark, difficult, or hopeless your circumstances may appear, God has not forgotten you. He loves you with an everlasting love, and He longs to be gracious to you. Always keep your eyes on Him, and He will carry you through even the most horrible circumstances.
You may recall that Peter was enabled to walk on water as long as his focus was on Jesus. It was only when he began to look at the wind and the waves that he started to sink. Even then, however, Jesus reached out to him and helped him safely get to the boat. Many, many times in the last few years I have had to remind myself to stay focused on the Lord as I have walked through the deep waters. Over and over again, He has enabled me to "walk on water" as long as my eyes remained on Him. Just recently, He also made me aware that not only is it unwise to look at the wind and the waves, but it is also best not to focus on the "boat" or the "shore".
God has wonderful, amazing plans for you and for me. Of that I have no doubt. Yet it is so much better to keep our eyes on Him alone rather than dwelling on what He is going to do. He knows where He is taking each of us and exactly how He plans to get us there. He is able to overcome any obstacles in our way. We only need to look to Him and leave the details in His capable hands. I heartily encourage you to surrender everything to Him - your challenges, your hopes, and your dreams. They are safe in His hands. It is only in total surrender to Him that we can find the joy and fulfillment for which we long.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
So very true, Daff. It's not always easy to do, but very true. Thanks for the reminder. As always, you do bless me! :)
Hugs,
Tammy
Daff dear,
When I was a young girl studying the stories in the bible so many of them made no sense at all. After all, walking on water? Oh come on now! No matter how many times we asked or doubted the stories, Sister John Joseph didn't bother to explain much beyond the words we read and to tell us that it was all God's miracles and mystery! Which, in many ways, gave me a feeling that God is more of a magician and a miracle worker than a true savior. We were led to believe that these folks in the stories were chosen people who got to experience them! (at least that's the lessons I walked away with...) And so that is how I learned the bible...just a bunch of magical stories about things that could never really happen in my sin filled world. Even during the homily at mass--when the priest would liken those stories to real life, I didn't get it really. I'm not sure if it was the teachings of the time, my inability to grasp things or if it had something to do with my undeveloped faith (a horrible thought for a child!) but they were all just STORIES and TALES as far as I was concerned. Fascinating ones but not lessons or guiding words. Over the years, I came to figure out some of them on my own and through my training as a CCD instructor. But, honestly--it's been through the grace of selfless and knowing folks like yourself who have enabled me to see the messages and the correlations to life. So, even after many, many years of religious teachings, the mysteries are still unraveling for me. In many ways--thanks to you. Imagine that, Daff, sweetie--you are the one who has become my bible story mentor! YOU have helped me to understand the lessons from the stories and see how they touch my world and my life! YOU told me that I can walk on water! Now, that's a perfect way to start any day! Me--walking on water....in great shoes....!
The world is so blessed by your calling!
YOU, my friend, are a gift!
Judi
Hi Daff,
I stop by often but never comment. I never know what to say. I am not so eloquent with words. You have helped me and my youngest return to the church and get the much needed support. My son, Nick, now helps with the teen program every Monday. He sets up all equipment, games, etc. It is not our Catholic church but still a place to worship. He wants to start going to this church. It is the Jacksonville Chapel. How can I turn down that request from my 15 year old. I can't...From now on, I will post to say hi or whatever my feeling is from reading your blog. I hope to someday have a quarter of your strength and faith. We are all blessed by your calling.
Thank you,
Jody
Hey Sweetie!
You out there wearing those new sandals?
Judi
Post a Comment