Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Joann


Joann is with Jesus following a lengthy battle
with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease).
I was blessed to call her my friend.
Please keep her family in your prayers.

"I have fought the good fight,
I have finished the course,
I have kept the faith;"
2 Timothy 4:7

Well done, good and faithful servant.
Enter into the joy of your Lord.

February 8, 2009


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Daff, I am so sorry! I know you were really good friends!
Man sounds like you have more than a plate full right now with all this and those teeth! Sure hope things get better for you!

Judi said...

Daff,
My dear sweet girl. Please take comfort in knowing the blessed time you spent with Joann and the joy you gave to her life. We give generously to ALS because it touched our lives several times. It is one of the most heartwrenching and heartbreaking diseases I have ever witnessed. When it took yet another dear friend a few years ago, it dawned on me that each person who I knew with ALS was someone of immense strength, character and joy. Each of them standouts in both thier personal and professional lifes. Wonderful fathers, tremendous husbands, loving brothers, committed sons, dedicated community members, strong role models, supportive and compassionate neighbors, amazing friends, passionate citizens, the life of parties, consumate smilers and dedicated servants to God. Although it's a horribly awful disease....these wonderful people were chosen. Knowing this, it gave me pause to wonder--as God's plan often does. Does He in His infinite wisdom choose only the best and the strongest to carry these painful, awful burdens to help those of us of lesser character become better, more compassionate and loving people? I know that being a part of these people's lives and their illnesses and in feeling the loss of their deaths, I have been strengthened and bettered by them. And, in giving that to us, is their earlier deliverance into a beautiful eternity the ultimate gift? I sure as h*ll hope so...
My heartfelt sympathies to you as you endure yet another loss in your life....
Love to you,
Judi

Anonymous said...

Daff, I'm so sorry about JoAnn's passing.
From her picture, she looks to be a very wonderful and sweet lady. I am sure that she was too, since she was one of your very best friends. I am so glad that you were able to go and spend some special friend time with her on your visit awhile back...
You know deep within your heart that she is now in the wonderful presence and care of our Most Loving Lord.
I will be keeping JoAnn's family and you too in my prayers Daff...

Take care now..

Love & Blessings,
~Lynn