Whew! It has been another BUSY week on Daffodil Hill! Perhaps you will forgive me for not posting when you hear that not only have we made another move, we have had a new baby, as well. Told ya it was a busy week. ; )
The week started off with a bang as Stephen and Neil began their college classes on Monday. Then on Tuesday, the four "kids" and I worked together to move Jamie to her new home 45 minutes away. That very same day, "chosen children" Mary and Shane gave birth to Raelyn Elizabeth. I don't recommend having a baby and moving on the same day, although that's exactly what Papa and I did when Jamie was born. But THAT is another story...
Raelyn is a sweet, dainty, little lady weighing in at 6 pounds 14 ounces. She is SO precious! Her Mama B (moi) has her pretty spoiled already. Babies are meant to be cuddled, now aren't they! Of course, when alone I had to have a good cry for this little princess who will never know her Papa. He would have absolutely adored her! At one day old, she got her little finger tangled in the chain I wear with Papa's and my wedding bands on it. Even though her Papa isn't here to spoil her as he would have liked, she still has him wrapped around her little finger. : )
Big brother Philip, age 20 months, is not too sure about this little pink thing that everyone else seems to like so much. When he first saw her, he became very quiet and clung tightly to Daddy. One could just hear him thinking, "WHY is my Mommy in that bed, and WHAT is that THING my Mama B is holding? Mama B tried to explain that, "This is Philip's Baby Sister. You're a Big Brother!" He wasn't exactly impressed. So what IS a baby sister anyway? : o
Now that Mommy and Raelyn have been at home for a couple of days, Philip is beginning to warm up to this new little creature who has turned his world upside down. Given plenty of attention himself, he has decided to tolerate her for the time being. Little does he know that she is here to stay! : )
If a new baby wasn't enough to make this week special, my chosen child Rachel came home for the weekend, making it even better. Though she lives with me, she has been away for the summer. It's great to have her home even if it's only for a few days. I love my Rachel!
Yes, this week has certainly been an exciting one! I miss Jamie already, but she calls me everyday. She will save a lot of gas money by living closer to her job, and I'll still see her often. It's wonderful to have a new baby to love, and I enjoy having the young folks pop in frequently. Life is sweet!
Stay tuned for pictures of my precious babies. When I put Raelyn down long enough to snap some good ones, I'll be sure to show them off. ; )
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hearing about the birth of a baby always puts a lump in my throat. How precious she must be! I know Big Brother will latch on to her in no time and then, she will be on his watch list forever...lol! Bless her heart.
So glad you guys got Jamie relocated. I know she appreciated the help, though it may take her a bit to feel at 'home'.
Sending hugs to the Collegiates, perfect time to sharpen the pencils and figure out those Math calculators. Or write endless papers, either one or both, bless their hearts.
Melissa
Daff,
Congratulations on little Miss Raelyn! I love the name and I bet she is precious! I would love to see photos!
~ Tammy ~
Daff....
Your joy is contagious! Reading your blog is a great way to start a week that I wasn't so eager to start! Thanks for the lift!
Congrats to you on your "activities". You certainly are one of God's angels!
Enjoy!
Judi
Post a Comment