Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Papa Jim

Today, as we mark the three-month anniversary of Papa's Homegoing,
I want to share with you a poem written by Rachel, our chosen child.


Papa Jim

I once knew a man
Whose strength was love
And his smile was sunshine.
His hands - service and giving,
Steady feet of diligence
And the soul of a child
And the heart...
In there were the greatest treasures.
A heart of adventure and love
Of peace and joy
Laughter and compassion
Simplicity and trust
Faith, Hope, and Love
Drenched every inch of him
So much
That some moments when you looked on him closely
You saw straight through to the very heart of God.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So lovely Daff!

Anonymous said...

So lovely Daff!

Adrienne said...

I just came here from 'Coffee, Tea, Books and Me.' My heart is so touched by your words. I've spent a few minutes reading and will come back often to read more.

I am so sorry for your loss of 'Papa'. My tears began when I read this beautiful tribute to him. It so perfectly also describes the 'Papa Jim' in my life - my dear father who has been with Jesus for just over 5 years. Thank you for sharing it with us.

~Adrienne~