Friends continue to ask if I plan to stay in our house. The answer is a resounding "Yes!". Papa and I built it largely with our own hands - with help, of course. Daffodil Hill is not a piece of real estate. It's a part of our family. My children have already told me in no uncertain terms, "Don't you DARE sell the house!". Even if a major life-changing event required me to leave it, I would pass the house on to them.
This is the place where babies nursed, children played, happy memories were made, and tears were shed in deep sorrow. I can sit here and look at the spot where my Jonathan asked Jesus into his heart, where weddings were planned, where we got the call that changed our lives forever. Even though Papa is gone from this place, cherished memories live on.
Lillian Gish once said, "If you were to ask what is most important in a home, I would say memories." Other than the people who make that house a home, I would say that she's just about right. : )

2 comments:
Oh my girl Daff!
You are so right! Surround yourself with memories, beauty and comfort. Every so often, I take a walk in the neighborhood I grew up in. I trace the steps from my little grade school to my old street. I walk on the deeply potholed sidewalks and draw comfort from the fact that I once walked hand-in-hand with my mother on those same pathways. She will be gone 35 years this week and I'm happy to know they never fixed those sidewalks. I'm sure the residents don't like it much but I do.
Bloom where you are planted, dear Daff!
Judi
Daff,
You are so right! Our homes are where treasured memories are made. This home is all both my kids know too! I too see the spots where both of my kids prayed at home and asked Jesus in their hearts.
I understand totally where you're coming from here.
By the way, you have a lovely home...big too!
Have a great Tuesday, Daff!
Tammy
Post a Comment