Thank you for your concern about my recent absence from Cyberspace! I appreciate all of your emails as well as the comments you have left here. Though I have missed you all more than you know, I needed to take time out to ponder some major decisions about my future.
Since the death of my sweet Jimmy last February, I have been earnestly seeking God's plan for my life. As I have surrendered completely to Him, I have come to know Him in a way that I never thought possible. In early May, He began to draw my heart to a nationally-known Christian ministry in Michigan.
Since the death of my sweet Jimmy last February, I have been earnestly seeking God's plan for my life. As I have surrendered completely to Him, I have come to know Him in a way that I never thought possible. In early May, He began to draw my heart to a nationally-known Christian ministry in Michigan.
Throughout 2008, I prayed long and hard about the possibility of joining the staff of this ministry, and eventually came to the conclusion that God was leading me there. While visiting friends in Michigan last fall, God confirmed His call in an incredible way. I began the lengthy application process at that time, and even had several interviews while I was there. Though negotiations continue, and there is nothing official to share with you at this time, I am confident that God has called me to this ministry. I expect to be moving to Michigan sometime in the near future.
The reason I am sharing this with you now is to ask for your prayers for God's guidance and timing as the ministry and I attempt to discern God's place for me. Also for my children and me as we seek God's answers to the many questions that must be answered in a short time. With Stephen leaving for Navy Basic Training in February, we have only a small window of opportunity to make decisions as a family.
We plan to keep the house, but beyond that very little is certain. Arrangements will have to be made for my three little house dogs and two cats as well. I will take very little with me. Because this ministry is faith-based and donor-supported, I will be required to raise my own financial support. This is all very complicated and mind-boggling, yet I am confident that God has the solutions we seek in every aspect of this venture.
We plan to keep the house, but beyond that very little is certain. Arrangements will have to be made for my three little house dogs and two cats as well. I will take very little with me. Because this ministry is faith-based and donor-supported, I will be required to raise my own financial support. This is all very complicated and mind-boggling, yet I am confident that God has the solutions we seek in every aspect of this venture.
Though leaving my children is the most difficult thing I have ever done, I am excited about God's plans. I look forward to watching this journey unfold, and will keep you updated as it all comes to pass. Your prayers will be greatly appreciated.
Love to all,
Daff

7 comments:
I really admire you!
I pray God reward you in this new (and unexpected) season of your life.
I'm certain you have much to offer. So often where God leads us is not where we wanted or even intended but we realize it is His will.
Michigan is beautiful. I lived in Holland (Michigan) for nearly nine years in the 80s and in Detroit in the early 2000s.
Yeah I think I would feel the same way about leaving my kids. You are still in my prayers! So happy things are going good for you!
Daff,
I've been praying for you. I have always admired you and I admire you all the more! You are so inspiring to me and I know God is going to bless you tremendously. I know you will miss your family, but God doesn't lead you anywhere that he can't take care of the rest of the situation!
Love, Tammy
I found you this early morning aftwer reading another journal.
You bless my heart. So many paths you have taken this One Woman has.
I have had a desire to do what you are making plans to do. Blessings to you and continue on your journey. I will be checking in often
Hello my dear friend! My, does our God work in wonderous ways! I was just thinking about you this morning and was planning on writing you a note...remembering your email from about a year ago and the passing of Jim. I just clicked on your Daffodil Hill comment (via CoffeeTeaBooks...) Well, I could be wrong, but I think it's you. The picture and the names of your children certainly fit. "Daff", I've been praying for you through this past year, and I can't wait to read your blog. You can visit mine at www.learningtofollow.wordpress.com
Much love you to and the kids!
~Silvana
Daff, I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers during this new journey of your life.
When God talks to us, we must listen..and do what he asks of us, & you are doing just that! Doing God's Will!
I admire you so much for the wonderful Christian lady that you are! Your heart is and has always been in the right place. Your love for God and your family has always shown through on each and every one of your posts.. You are truly one very special lady! You have inspired me so much since I've known you Daff!
God Bless you always Daff and please keep in touch when you can. I know that God is going to Bless you more than one could ever begin to imagine...
Love & Blessings,
~Lynn/Okc
My girl Daff....So, this is what you've been up to? And, I thought you were shoe shopping and writing a martini recipe book. Fooled me, that's for sure....;-)
A ministry in Michigan huh? Are you sure you weren't called to a ministry in Miami? It's awfully cold in Michigan. And, the economy is going down the tubes there too. Okay, now I get it! It sounds like the perfect place for our Daff! They need a girl with your grace and heart and strength and love....no doubt about it!
What a calling oh my dear, sweet, darling, brave and beautiful Daff...you continually reach the places in my heart that I never even knew existed! There is no one on this green earth that I know of who is as spiritually gifted as you. No wonder you heard the calling! Our Lord is up there screaming for you! He is yelling on the top of his lungs-- "Daff...you are needed to carry out My word, teach the world of My grace and save that Judi in Pittsburgh from sure damnation!" Okay, I know He didn't say that last thing but still I could always use a dear friend in the ministry.....!
Prayers? You got it!
Of course I'm always praying for you. But, right now--I'll do you one better...I'll send up a special novena asking God to help you out. He is pretty taken with my novenas....I'm pretty sure you'll be getting a response from Him soon! I just hope He doesn't do his responding to you in the middle of the night. Lately when I've asked Him for stuff--He always manages to wake me up to give it to me....! 8-) I guess I should be a little more careful what I ask for.....huh?
Follow your heart, sweetie. That's what you've always done and it's never led you astray!
Hey....don't forget....if you need any career advice....I'm your girl.
Bless you!!!
Judi
Post a Comment