Following three glorious weeks in the chilly north, I have returned to Daffodil Hill. It was a truly WONDERFUL trip that has left me with many beautiful memories. Joann, my dear friend with ALS, was a joy and a delight. I thank God that He allowed me to have this time with her.
For several years, I have dreamed of going to the Great Lakes region in autumn in order to enjoy the breathtaking fall foliage that is somewhat lacking in MS. After the dates for my trip were set, I realized that the leaf color was probably going to be past its peak by the time I arrived. Just the same, however, I kept an optimistic eye on websites that report these things, hoping against all odds that I might get to enjoy even a small taste of autumn beauty. I prayed that God might show favor on this simple southern girl and keep those leaves on the trees until my arrival.
As my flight began to descend over Detroit, I was overwhelmed as my eyes beheld the beauty below. Would you believe that my trip perfectly coincided with peak color! The early days of my visit were adorned with absolutely gorgeous fall foliage. Although I didn't think to take my camera on my first walks around the neighborhood, I did manage to capture some pictures during later excursions.
My heart was so very blessed to think that the God of the universe cares so intimately about our lives that He would delay and preserve autumn's beauty just to indulge the whimsical desires of a quiet, country widow from Mississippi. How can we ever fail to trust such a loving and gracious Father?
"Delight yourself in the Lord;
And He will give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4

8 comments:
Daff,
I'm so glad you had a great time and that you were able to enjoy your time with your friend and the beauty of the season up north!
Welcome home and back to blogging world!
Tammy
Daff,
Welcome Home! I know you are pleased to get back to the familiar.
I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip and saw your friends. What a lovely blessing that was and to top it off you have the Fall awaiting YOUR arrival? Splendid, indeed!
So happy to have you back,
Melissa
Welcome home sister! So happy your trip was nice and you DID get to enjoy those leaves! lol I've been posting a few of those myself on my blog. Seems this year we have had more fall leaves than before.
And oh yes He DOES give us the desires of our hearts! Got quite a few myself. Can you believe there are folks out there that doesn't believe that? Anyway I've witnessed it for myself so I KNOW! :)
WELCOME HOME and you WERE SOOO MISSED!
Hi Daff,
So glad you had such a good time. Welcome home!!
Jody V
Daff!
Well, I've missed you sweetie! So glad to hear you had the chance to enjoy Autumn's splendor. This year, we had the most amazing color...the hillsides looked like paintings! We up in the north may wish for the south's mild temps in the dead of winter but we would not give up the beauty of Fall! Life is all about trade offs!!!
Now that you are home, we'll expect to hear lots of stuff from you....8-)
Judi
Daff, so glad to hear that you had a real nice time on your trip, and glad to hear that you are back home again too...
Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. We had a real nice time with friends and family..
We miss hearing from you on the Country Sampler forum... Do stop by and leave us a note real soon!
Take care now...
Blessings,
~Lynn/OKC
Hi Daffodil,
I'm glad that you had a nice time on your trip and spent some time with your friend, and were able to see God's beautiful colors.
I hope that you had a nice Thanksgiving with your family. I know that these holidays will be difficult for you and your loved ones.
Hugs,
Sue
Hey Daff sweetie!
I was just at CSF.....you better hurry over there....they are talking about you!
Judi
Post a Comment